1. The New Beadspread.
We got this so cute comforter cover from IKEA for only 20 dollars. I didn't really need a new one but I couldn't resist.
2. Refinished Dresser
We had this semi ugly looking brown dresser that had many scratches and worn down areas. It was pretty hashed and I wish I had taken a before picture, but alas, I didn't. Anyhow, apparently a little cheap paint from Wal-Mart goes a long way because it turned out awesome.
3. Shower Curtain
We needed a new shower curtain since our new apartment has two bathrooms. Instead of buying a fancy nice one we ended up buying a cheap plain one from Target. Mike had the great idea of adding something to it to make it look better. So, I chose out some fabric and with a little help from my most talented mother-in-law we ended up with a pretty good looking shower curtain.
Well, that's about it on the home updates. We also got lamps but I didn't remember to take pictures of those.
8 comments:
Mike and Sandi--
Awesome blamp! And, is that mom and dad's old dresser? It looks great!
If not, it still looks great.
--Jeff
I am echoing Jeff's comment--the dresser turned out fantastically! The curtain and comforter look great, too. Impressive.
To my siblings: yes that is the old brown dresser that mom and dad had. I personally remember writing something on it with magic marker, but it was a great project. We also glued some of the drawers so they would actually stay together and added the pulls (also from IKEA). only regret was that it is in completely flat paint rather than something with a little gloss. oh well.
Really love IKEA myself! Sand, I have the deep pink/purple cover, it looks hot but I love the orange! Maybe I'll copy you. ;)
Thanks for posting three in one day....I was starting to wonder if your blog was alive....
Oh and Mike, you look better without the beard....face the truth! ;)
Way cute...I am wondering about the blender next to the bed, though...
Jamie,
Blender = Blamp
Blamp = Blender that has been turned into a lamp by Mike's brother.
It gives off great light.
haha I was wondering about the lamp too...I was like please tell me that is some sort of retro blender lamp or something. haha
Your apartment is so chic...it must be the panhandle air.
Post a Comment