Sunday, October 26, 2008

Candy Wreath!!!


I found instructions on how to make a candy wreath on Martha Stewart's website last fall and this year I decided to make it. I thought it would be super easy but quickly realized it was not, the difficulty was also compounded by my choice to make a larger one than the instructions recommended (trying to out do Martha isn't the best idea). Anyhow, now that it is done I think it turned out rather well and it just brings a smile to my face every day when I come home. I love wreaths and this is the first one I have ever had or made. I know Mike is hoping to eat the candy once the fall season is over and we take it down, but I just don't know if I can let it be destroyed. I guess I could make another next year, but then I have to go through the work all over again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Sandi. My roommates and I made one of those when we were at Ricks, but it wasn't nearly as nice-looking as yours.

Wendy

P.S. Don't let Mike eat it. He can get tons of candy at the trunk or treat instead.

Erika and Jason said...

I think it is so cute and I wouldn't let Mike eat the candy!

Jess said...

When did you become so domestic? Very impressive SJ!

West Family said...

Wow you are quite the home maker! I need you to be my enrichment leader. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hold it Everyone, just hold it. Just because I have made one thing that is semi-crafty does not mean you can start throwing out terms such as "domestic" and "home maker." I know these are not bad words, but for some reason they have a slightly negative connotation to me. I guess I feel like those terms should only apply to middle aged women or something.

All about the Snow's said...

Sand I love the wreath soo cute! I also love the ribbon you put with it. i find your blog highly entertaining I liked the video and the colorful moscow parade.

heather said...

Sj, seriously who are you? First the tahnksgiving chain and now i see you made this candy wreath, which is so cute! Also loved mike's whole political blog, it was so mike it made me laugh.

Brett & Hailey Cahoon said...

This candy wreath looks like it's straight out of Martha Stewart! For reals. It's cute.