The title of this blog would be more appropriate if I could type umlaut, but alas, I can't (but I did learn the proper spelling of umlaut in case it comes in handy in Boggle or Scrabble).
Husker Du is a kid's game. In fact, it's a game that I played as a child. I've played it with Eve before but she didn't seem to get it, or at least she didn't get the part about taking turns. But last night, she was on fire. She very nearly beat both Sandi and I with the amount of matches she had (though she did beat Sandi). The second game we played she thought it was much more fun to not find the matches. All in all, I think it will be a game that we'll get out more often; it is much easier to set up than Memory, and is also much faster.
Mike: 7
Sandi: 5
Eve:6
The game is not be confused with this, either.
1 comment:
Technically speaking, you don't need an umlaut, since in German it would be something along the lines of "erinnern Sie sich". Husker du is Danish, as far as I can tell, and they eschew the umlaut. They've just given you the long-u signs so you don't say Huhsker Duh. We've really liked that game, too.
--El Jefe
Post a Comment